Good day all! We are excited to have a bunch of people to put in the spotlight in the next month or so! Today, we are featuring Jana Mccarty and her three creative projects. As you will see, her style works really well with Chickaniddy products!! Check out how she used the Scrumptious cat cutouts on her second page, so cute.
This layout is about me and my oldest son. we´re having some teenage related problems and sometimes it´s hard for me to see him growing way to fast. but on the other side it is just awesome... life as a mom! i created this layout to let him know that i am here for him, always!
I made this layout with some cute photos from our new furry baby. we found him under some trees, lonely and homeless... we took him with us and now we´re so happy to have him! he´s a little red devil, he loves to fight and to play... but he also loves to snuggle! he loves to sleep on my breast, like a baby! just cute!
Tag Mini Album
I am a big autumn fan! i love the colorfull leaves, the crisp air and i really love pumpkins... i made this album with my favorite photos from the last years. "scrumptious" was the perfect collection for this project!!"
Hello Chickaniddy fans! Today I'd like to share a Pinterest inspired layout from the amazing January 2015 mood board. Although I used aspects from the entire board, like pennants and file folder tabs, the pin that inspired me the most helped me to create the background for my layout.
Supplies: Scrumptious collection- Home Sweet Home paper/sc14os02, New Harvest paper/sc14os10, Autumn Haze paper/sc14os06, Friends & Family paper/sc14os08, Illustration stickers/sc14eb01, Mini Sticker Tags/sc14eb06, Mini Sticker Banners/sc14eb05, Alpha Stickers/sc14eb02, Mini Brads/sc14eb08; Jolly Good collection- Caroling paper/jg14os03, Tis The Season paper/jg14os11, Making Spirits Bright paper/jg14os07, Illustration Stickers/jg14eb01, Die Cut Tags/jg14eb04, Mini Illustrated Clear Stamps/jg14st02
I decided to stray from the typical cool tones found in many winter layouts and used both the Jolly Good and Scrumptious collections to create a bright, cheerful page in teal, orange and pink hues.
Here is how I created this layout:
1) Background: Cut the Home Sweet Home paper at an angle and adhere to the New Harvest paper. Using the bracket cut file I created, cut the brackets from the Autumn Haze paper, Friends & Family paper, Caroling paper and Tis The Season paper. Arrange and adhere to the background paper on the right side of the layout, cutting the brackets in two columns in half. Using a sewing machine, sew vertical lines in the center of the full brackets and between the bracket columns.
2) Photos & journaling: Print two photos at 2"x3" and mat onto white cardstock. Before adhering to the layout, tuck a journaling card cut from the New Harvest paper and a journaling card from the Tis The Season paper, which has been cut on the end to look like a pennant, behind the photo. Adhere a file tab from the Illustration Stickers to the left side of the photo and a snowflake on the right side of the journaling card. Stamp the date in the blank space on the file tab.
3) Title: Cut 'winter' from the Making Spirits Bright paper and adhere with dimensional adhesive. Add 'chill' with a die-cut or other alpha stickers.
4) Embellish: Using dimensional adhesive adhere a mini sticker banner to the right side of the journaling card and top with a letter from the Alpha Stickers. Stamp 'baby it's cold outside' on the pennant journaling card. Adhere 'there's a chill in the air' sticker to the bottom right corner of the photo. Insert a brad into the center of the snowflake die-cut and adhere with dimensional adhesive. Embellish the layout further with puffy arrows, rhinestones and wood veneer snowflakes.
Hello all! Pam with you today with a special page designed by Melinda Spinks that I used as the inspiration for my page! I was so happy when I saw her page and knew I wanted to use it as inspiration. I tend to scrapbook my holiday photos about a month after Christmas. I am always looking for ways to inspire myself to try new things and techniques when scrapping my pics. What I love about Melinda's page is it's simple yet challenging. Let me share why.
Supplies: Jolly Good (patterned paper):Caroling/ jg14os03, Sugar Cookies/ jg14os02, Tis the Season/ jg14os11. Jolly Good Embellishments: Die Cut Tags/ jg14eb04, Enamel Stars/ jg14eb09, Illustration Stickers/ jg14eb01, Journal Tags/ jg14eb03, Mini Sentiment Stickers/ jg14eb07.
I was inspired by:
1. The overall design is a quite simple shape, but the way she created this shape was by using different stickers, so cool.
2. The subtle details of the sewing and stars.
3. The overall "tree-like" shape.
4. The bursts of colors everywhere, just so neat.
5. The use of the gray and white striped paper as the background. I used this as well.
Ok so here here is how my page turned out.
Supplies: Jolly Good (patterned paper) Caroling/ jg14os03, Christmas Eve/ jg14os01, jg14os06/, Happy New Year/ jg14os12,Holiday/ jg14os08, Sugar Cookies/jg14os02, tis The Season/ jg14os11. Jolly Good Embellishments: Die Cut Tags/ jg14eb04, Mini Brads/ jg14eb08.
You can see that I took used a lot of the same elements as Melinda. Here is what I did differently.
1. I used two photos instead of one.
2. I use the tree shape but created it with circles rather than stickers.
3. I used the "Christmas Star" but in the middle
4. I used the entire sheet of white and grey striped paper.
I had a blast using Melinda's layout as inspiration!!
Now it's YOUR turn. What can you make from this inspiration?? Have a great day!!
Hi everyone! Elizabeth here with you today sharing a cute wintery in Seattle layout with ya today using the color challenge that we have going on this month!
These are some of my most favorite colors to work with so I was excited to be able to use them and create this wintery layout!
Most of the time here in Seattle it doesn't snow, but we do get a lot of rain even during winter time! The Jolly Good Collection has in it some cute elements for just such a thing, rain!!!
1. I love the fact I can use this line that's holiday and make it for what I wanted to use it for! As you can see I took the girl holding the umbrella sticker and wanted to make the umbrella red to match the layout more so I decided to use a red sharpie to do that. Once she was completed, I set her aside to work on the layout itself.
2. Next up was using the elements in the collection that had to do with rain/winter. I just laid them all out and placed them where I wanted to make them pop the most.
3. Once all the elements were in place I made some snowflakes to add to the wintery scene!
Winter is different for a lot of people as the weather permits, but it still means cold, and the holidays to most everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season thanks for letting me share a part of my world here in Seattle!
What a blast we had at CHA and I have to say that we enjoyed every minute! Meeting so many new friends and the amazing support in which we received was so heartwarming. From the moment the doors opened on Saturday we were slammed and tried to keep up with it all until Monday. By Tuesday many people went home and it was nice to have a calmer day.
I think the best part was how fast our booth came together. Last year it took forever and this year we had a system and get it all done in 1 1/2 days. When all the decor was in place I finished the look with fresh flowers, mainly because they smell so good and I love the extra pop of color. One funny thing that took place was our catalog for the show could be camouflaged in our darling Meghann's shirt. We all had a good laugh about it.
Over all the show was a BIG hit and you will be seeing all of our new collections in MANY shops and before I go I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Meghann, Abbie, and Autie for working in our booth and being so wonderful. Thank you Mr. Sonboul and Brandon for getting those walls up and down. I also want to thank all of the new friends made at this show and all of you who have blogged about our new collections and booth. My heart is full and just for fun I'll say it one last time.... Happy Birthday Chickaniddy!
Hello and Happy New Year! Tessa Buys here. I'm excited about 2015. In fact, I was so excited about all of the great things happening this year that I decided to write a letter to 2015. Inspired by this pin...
...I created this layout:
All items from the Scrumptious line: Alpha Stickers (SC14EB02), Autumn Haze paper (SC14OS06), Check Please paper (SC14OS09), Friends and Family paper (SC14OS08), Illustration Stickers (SC14EB01), Mini Sticker Banners (SC14EB05), Mini Sentiment Stickers (SC14EB07).
1. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the numbers.
2. I traced the left side of each number onto a piece of white cardstock and trimmed it out.
3. Next, I backed each piece with patterned paper so that the pattern was visible to the left of the number.
4. I then attached the numbers to the blocks with foam adhesive.
5. Last, I journaled to the right of each number and added layers of patterned paper to each block.
While I love the modern look of the original art, I had fun making my whimsical version. The florals and beautiful colors of the Scrumptious line were a perfect match to my positive outlook for the new year. Have you documented your hopes and dreams for 2015? Cut out some big numbers and get out your Chickaniddy Crafts stash - your layout is waiting! Thanks for visiting today.
Good morning! Erin here with a lovely layered card using the new Jolly Good collection.
Living in Florida we don't get snow, but many of our family and friends live in areas that get a lot of snow each winter. I love the colors from the Jolly Good collection, and I wanted to create a light blue, gray, and white snow-themed card.
(Supplies - Jolly Good 6x6 paper pad jg14pd01. Jolly Good Die Cut Tags jg14eb04. Jolly Good Journal Tags jg14eb03. Jolly Good Mini Brads jg14eb08. Jolly Good Mini Sticker Banners jg14eb05.)
The blue slide frame was my original inspiration. I wanted to layer the frames from both the Jolly Good die cut tags and the journal tags, creating a mini collage on my card.
1. Trim gray striped paper, from the Jolly Good 6x6 paper pad, and adhere to card base.
2. Layer sticker and slide frame on card, leaving room to add die cut snowflakes.
3. Die cut snowflakes in a variety of sizes from gray cardstock and vellum paper. Adhere to card, layering the vellum over the cardstock.
4. Use a paper piercer to poke holes in snowflakes and add brads.
5. Apply stickers to the top left of your card.
6. Use typewriter + white paper to type sentiment. Trim and adhere to card.
7. Adhere gems.
Here's a close up of the bottom of my card:
The soft pastels, big snowflakes, and clear gems (almost) make me miss living in a place that gets snow each winter. Then I remember having to shovel it, losing power, putting chains on the car, and I'm totally fine living in Central Florida!
That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
1. I made a frame for my penguins by die-cutting a square from some white card stock and then trimming out the negative part into a rectangle. 2. I layered this over my trimmed out penguins and adhered it to the snowflake patterned paper, which I adhered to my white card stock card base. 3. I added a banner which I die-cut from the Making Spirits Bright patterned paper and stamped my sentiment from the Mini Illustrated Clear Stamps. 4. To finish it off, I added a die-cut snowflake which is held in place with a Mini-Brad.
Supplies: Jolly Good 6x6 pad (jg14pd01), 12x12 patterned paper (jg14os07, jg14os11), clear stamps (jg14st02), Mini-brads (jg14eb08)
Happy Friday! We have another great idea from our guest designer, Jennifer Ingle. If you missed her first post, make sure you check it out here.
Today, Jennifer is sharing one more card! This card does a great job of showcasing how you can use the softer colors of the Jolly Good collection to create your winter card.
"To create this card, I used three different pastel papers from the Jolly Good collection. I just love the mix of colors and patterns in this collection! It is SO versatile! I cut the papers in strips and adhered them to my card base. I dusted the back of the snowflake sticker with powder and used foam dots to pop it up on the card to add dimension and added a coordinating brad from the collection to the center. I borrowed the 'Hello' sentiment stamp from Date Night stamp set and accented that with the pink enamel star to finish it off!"
Thanks, Jennifer for sharing another great card. Don't forget to check back at the end of the month for one final card from Jennifer!
Heyyie all!! Cassandra here and I am so excited to share my 2014 year in review layout! I created this huge layout by combining 4 8x8" layout together!
So many things to be thankful and grateful for - a stable relationship, strong family support, close cousins and friends, a fulfilling career as a nurse and being adventurous and trying so many new things! I hope that my 2015 will continue to be like this!
Here's how I created it:
1.First, I used my Silhouette Cameo to measure a 7.5x7.5" square, then I used the Pacifico font to type the 2014 numbers then got them cut!
2. Then I chose 4 patterned papers as the base and cut them to 8x8".
3.I printed my photos and started layering them.
4.The wordings were printed on vellum so that the contrast against the white background will not be that great!
5. And I added foam dots to the back of the white cardstock to give the whole layout more dimension! Ta-da it is completed!
The patterned papers and embellishments I used in this project are from Chickaniddy Crafts Twirly Girly collection.
Thanks so much for dropping by and hope you have a great week ahead! I would also love to see your creations! Hashtag chickaniddycrafts on Instagram and I will be on the lookout! Till my next update, take care and God Bless!:D