Hey there! It's Missy here with you today. I'm so excited to share a layout I created using the new 365 collection. The bold colors mixed with black are just beautiful. I knew I wanted to start with the beautiful blue background, which is the Cloud 9 paper. The ombre look on it is just so pretty and was perfect for adding watercolors and inks.
Here's how I created this layout:
1. I covered most of the background with clear gesso so I could add watercolor without ruining the blue paper. Once it dried, I added pink, yellow and blue watercolor along with some gelatos to create a messy painted look. I also painted in some of the open designs of the stamps.
2. The Clear Stamps in this collection are so much fun and very versatile. I created stamped clusters on the background and used gelatos to color in part of the shapes.
3. After adding different papers as layers behind my photo, I embellished with enamel shapes and my title. I added in my journaling after that.
Here's a final look at the top portion. Lots of fun layers, tangled thread and awesome dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!
Hello again my Chickaniddy friends! I'm back today with another card made using the stunning 365 collection. I love love love this collection and if you are into bold patterns, super vibrant colors and lots of contrast, then you will too.
Here is how I put this stunner together.
1. I cut the black and white polka dot paper to A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 in) 2, I cut the floral paper to a smaller size, which I eyeballed 3. I machine stitched the two papers together along the edge of the top piece using stitch #9 4. I chose the yellow label and created my title using the enamel letters from the months sheet 5. I stamped the star in black ink.
6. I then chose the pink label and repeatedly stamped the xo in black along its length 7. I cut out the tab sentiment and layered it with the other two labels which were all offset on the card. I then trimmed the pieces that were hanging off the edge of the card. 8. I diecut two sizes of butterfly from the black and white and yellow horse paper and layered them. 9. I stitched down the middle and reversed to get the antennae look and adhered the bottom butterfly with foam tape. 10. I then adhered the whole thing to a card base.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy crafting!
Hello there! It's Meghann with you today and I'm excited to share a layout featuring the new Chickaniddy 365 collection!
Supplies: 365 Collection- High Spirits paper (36515os09), A Little Bit of Love paper (36515os08), Cloud 9 paper (36515os06), Daily Schedule paper (36515os04), Smell the Roses paper (36515os02), enamel words (36515eb03), enamel shapes (36515eb04), brads (36515eb05), clear stamps (36515st01). Specialty Paper- Goldie Lox foil paper (CN14SP001).
This beautiful, bright and bold collection is perfect for documenting your everyday memories. With geometric patterns, playful florals and neutral texts, there's something for everyone here!
This layout came together quite easily. Here's how I created it:
1) Using the "Cloud 9" paper as the background, adhere a diamond cut 4"x4" photo on a white cardstock mat with the "A Little Bit of Love" paper behind in the center of the paper.
2) Layer three triangles of the "A Little Bit of Love" (black side), "Goldie Lox" gold foil paper and "High Spirits" paper and adhere to the corners on the right side of the layout.
3) Cut a piece of the "High Spirits" paper 4 rows wide by 12". Randomly cut out triangles with a craft knife and back with small pieces of the "Goldie Lox" foil paper. Layer a piece of the black stripe from the "Daydream" paper underneath the right side and adhere both pieces to the left side of the layout.
4) Using a craft knife or small scissors, cut out two bunches of flowers from the "Smell the Roses" paper and adhere along the black stripe on the left side, framing the photo mat.
5) Cut the "today" tag from the "Daily Schedule" paper and stamp "you are my favorite thing" using the 365 clear stamps in the blank square. Cut "Life Is Pretty Awesome" from the manufacturer's strip on the "Smell the Roses"paper and attach a mini brad. Adhere to the "today" tag using dimensional adhesive. Stamp the date to the right side.
6) Die cut the word "precious" in black paper and adhere to the pink journaling tag from "Daily Schedule." Adhere the "today" tag to the bottom right corner of the layout and adhere the title tag below. Journal on the "Friday" journaling card fro the "Daily Schedule" paper and adhere below the title tag, covering up "Friday."
7) Adhere the "shine" tag from the "Daily Schedule" paper using dimensional adhesive and stick the enamel month words to the left of the card. Stamp the heart in black from the 365 clear stamps below the date.
Check out the entire 365 collection at the Chickaniddy website and be sure to ask your favorite retailer to stock it today! I hope you enjoy creating with it as much as I did!
Hello lovely readers! I was very lucky to be able to play with the 365 collection this month and I made quite a few cards with it. This card is a bit of a die cut explosion, but I just loved all the bold colors and graphics in the collection that I tried to get as many as I could on this little beauty. Besides all the wonderful papers, my favorite element of the collection turned out to be the stamp set. It has some great sayings and graphics, just look at that sketchy circle!
Here is how I put this card together using the new 365 collection.
1. I cut the background paper to A2 size (4.25 x 5.5)
2. I then drew a faint pencil line along the horizontal axis of the paper as a guide for my stitch line.
3. I then stitched along the line for texture and as a guide for my arrows.
4. I punched the Hello Circle from a piece of the 6x6 patterned paper and pop it up with foam tape.
5. I then started to layer the elements around the page.
6. In black ink I stamped the arrows from the stamp set and layered the enamel triangles on top.
7. Also in black ink, I stamped the sketchy circle onto white cardstock and cut around the shape.
8. I then used a neon pigment ink to stamp the heart in the center and then layered it with a stamped in black xo.
9. When all the elements were adhered in place I filled in some space with the other two stamped sentiments.
10. I finished the card by adding some machine stitching to the top and bottom of the design.
11. I then adhered the paper to the card base.
I hope this card inspires you to get bright and graphic with your next project, and to pick up this collection. I'm planning to use all these amazing papers and elements in my planner for the remainder of the year. There are just so many possibilities!
Hello, It’s Tyra and I’m here to celebrate the 365 collection! Two words to describe 365 are bold and bright, making this collection perfect for simple home decor items. Here I created a small art piece and a container, perfect for my home office!
1. Select wood block or cardboard storage container.
2. Apply a base coat to your surface using white gesso or acrylic paint.
2. Measure dimensions of your object and cut card stock to match.
3. Use your favorite matte waterless sealer, glue & finisher to apply card stock. Allow to dry. Add a second coat if necessary.
4. Use coordinating washi tape to cover up seams.
5. Add embellishments.
6. Display in your office!
I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful today! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog!
Hey there! It's Missy here today. Have you had a chance to create with the beautiful new Yippee collection yet? It's full of fun Spring colors and patterns. I knew right away this photo would be perfect with these papers. The blues and oranges really compliment each other.
Here's how I made this fun layout:
1. I knew I wanted to start with this beautiful wood grain paper as my background. It's called Picnic Party. I chose a few patterned papers and cut them into various sized strips and adhered them to the background. I added some white gesso over them and some modeling paste through a lined stencil. I then came in with some gelatos to give a watercolor effect.
2. After my mixed media was dry, I adhered my photo and layers behind it. I added machine stitching and then chose which embellishments I wanted to add in. I used several of the enamel shapes and even fussy cut some pieces from patterned papers.
Aren't these enamel words and shapes so fun and cute?
3. I added in some tangled thread in various parts of the layout for more interest and texture and some ink splatters.
Here's one more look at some of the fun embellishments and stitching. I just love all of these fun colors together!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!
Hello there Chickaniddy fans! I was lucky enough to represent Chickaniddy at the CHA Mega Show this January, and when I saw the new collections, I was blown away. Both Yipee and 365 are perfect, everyday collections that you can use for a variety of projects, in fantastic colors and patterns, accented with exciting embellishments!
Today I'd like to share a bright & cheerful layout I created using the new Yippee collection.
Supplies: Yippee Collection- Pleasantly Surprised paper (YP15OS06), XOXO paper (YP15OS03), Festivities paper (YP15OS09), Here's The Story paper (YP15OS07), enamel words (YP15EB03), enamel shapes (YP15EB04), brads (YP15EB05), clear stamps (YP15ST01)
With a few pieces of patterned paper, a bit of stamping and hand stitching, this layout was quite simple to pull together. Here's how it all came together:
1) Using the "Pleasantly Surprised" paper as the background, layer a 4"x6" photo, white cardstock, "Festivities" striped paper, and "XOXO" paper and adhere to the bottom left corner of the ledger.
2) Cut the "Happy" strip from the "Hip Hip Hooray" paper and the "Yippee" manufacturer's strip from the "Here's the Story"paper and adhere at the top of the ledger lines, just below the word "title". Cut the banner grouping from the "Here's the Story" card and adhere below the "Happy" strip, using dimensional adhesive at the bottom. Stamp an 'e' from the Yippee clear stamps onto the largest banner and add a punched heart from the "Festivities" paper, as well as an enamel triangle from the Yippee enamel words set.
3) Journal on the green journaling tag from the "Hip Hip Hooray" paper. Cut a small ticket from the "Festivities" paper and staple to the journaling tag. Add enamel triangles and an enamel butterfly to the card & adhere to the bottom left corner of the photo.
4) Cut the "happy" tag from the "Here's the Story" paper. Using a basic backstitch, hand stitch the word "happy" on the tag. Add a white Yippee mini brad to the top and adhere at the bottom right corner of the photo. Stamp two large and one small button from the Yippee clear stamps onto white cardstock and cut out. Punch holes in the larger buttons and thread embroidery thread through the holes, tying in a knot. Adhere around the "happy' tag.
5) Adhere an enamel butterfly on the "happy" tag and two more butterflies flying up toward the top right corner of the layout. Stamp "girl" on the right side of your photo mat and top with the "happy" enamel word. Add three enamel triangles to the title, pointing towards the photo.
Be sure to check with your favorite online or local scrapbook store to find out if they stock Yippee, so that you can have fun creating with this versatile, fun collection!
Hello friends, Pam here with a layout using the beautiful Yippee Collection! There are so many things to love about this collection: the colors, patterns, and embellishments. I created my page with a photo about my parents who celebrated 49 years of marriage this past year.
This is how to create my layout (or feel free to make it your own!):
1. Use the yellow striped paper from the 6"x 6" pad of the Yippee Collection and mat onto the left side of the page on the Yippee 12" by 12" Picnic Party wood grain paper. 2. Print off two 3.75" by 2.75" photos. Mat them on white cardstock and adhere them to the striped paper. 3. Measure how much space the left photo will overlap on the journaling strip. Type in text accordingly on computer software, print, and adhere to the layout. 4. Die cut various different sized butterflies from the 6"x6" collection pad. Layer each butterfly over each other. Put an Enamel Butterfly Shape on top of each butterfly. Use pop dots when adhering finished butterfly to page. 5. Cut out a pre-made sentiment from the Here's the Story paper. Add it the top of the striped yellow paper. Add another to the right side of the layout as well from the Hip Hip Hooray paper. 6. Finish off layout by adding a few Circle Enamel Shapes and the Enamel Word "Love" to the page.
Products: Yippee Collection: Picnic Party - yp15os02, Here's the Story - yp15os07, Hip Hip Hooray - yp15os05, Festivities - yp15os09, 6"x6" pad - yp15pd01, Enamel Words - yp15eb03, Enamel Shapes - yp15eb04.
Hello again, my Chickaniddy friends! I'm back today to share a mini album I made using a handful of pictures from our early spring and the amazing new Yippee Collection! This collection is perfect for documenting your spring and summer with all its soft color palette and nature inspired bits and bobs. I absolutely love this one!
This mini was a snap to put together and at only 6 pages in length it is definitely doable within one sitting. I envision as a perfect little gift for a faraway grandma or auntie. Here is how I assembled it.
1. I cut one 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock into four equal pieces, measuring 4.25x5.5. I used these as the base for each page.
2. I chose the woodgrain as my cover paper and cut two pieces from the 6x6 paper pack down to 4.25x5.5.
3. I chose my diecuts and labels for the cover, layed down the enamel Hello, stamped the title spring and then layered them all on the cover. I used foam tape to adhere the spring label.
4. I machine stitched along the top and bottom of the label cluster.
5. I then added and enamel butterfly and stamped 2 smaller butterflies in the same blue ink as the title.
6. I then adhered the whole piece to one piece of the white card stock.
7. I repeated these steps in much the same way for all of the remaining pages.
8. I picked my base papers and my picture, chose the labels and diecuts to layer, machine stitched, adhered my enamel elements and then added the finished piece to one side of the white cardstock.
9. Once the book was complete, I punched a hole in the appropriate corner and bound it together with a key ring.
I love documenting spring as it's my favorite season, and if you're anything like me, you will definitely want to get your hands on this collection. Thank you so much for reading today! Happy Crafting!
Hello, it's Amy here sharing a card using Spring Colors! I'm smitten with the color green, I love to use it crafting and I have quite a bit in my wardrobe too. I love to combine green with pink, it is such a happy color combo, don't you agree?
TIP: Challenge yourself to use holiday collections for other occasion projects.
Bonus points for using the holiday collection, Jolly Good, for a spring time card!
I'm a huge fan of craft foam. I've been using it quite often on my projects. It's versatile to use as a backing or to use alone. I die cut white craft foam with a polaroid shape and added some floral print paper to the interior. The craft foam makes a great frame for the paper.
The sentiment strip is from the the Scrumptious collection:
4. For my banner, I diecut another piece of 12x12 Itty Bitty Ballerina patterned paper and stamped on it twice using the sentiment from the Twirly Girly Clear Stamp set. All I did was curve the sentiment slightly before stamping it. I adhered it to my card, using regular adhesive, but placing a piece of foam adhesive near the trunk to add a little dimension.