Hello again fellow Chickaniddy fans. It's Carson here today to share a spring floral card with you. Not only is this card "springy" because of its flowers, but it's also because I assembled this card while doing a little "spring" cleaning in my craft room. You may remember that watercolor background from a card I posted last month, and the vellum on those flower brads was left over from some experiments I conducted for last months vellum post. Don't worry, I didn't disassemble last month's watercolor card, I had made two backgrounds and only used one. I just love sitting down to a messy desk and creating something beautiful from the mess.
The assembly of this card was pretty straightforward and needs little explanation, (if you're interested in recreating the watercolor background you can find the tutorial here). It came together pretty quickly using all the lovely Twirly Girly supplies pictured below.
However, I do want to show you how to assemble the flower brads I used for embellishment. With the right supplies, these are quick and easy and such a great way to add dimension to your cards. You'll need some variation of everything you see below. Instead of the vellum, you could use any coordinating paper and instead of the heart punch, you could use a flower, leaf or balloon punch.
1. Punch enough hearts from your vellum and begin applying them to your foam dot in a circular pattern.
2. If you would like to make a fuller flower with more petals, you can always apply a dab of glue at this point and repeat step one, adding another layer of petals.
3. Prep your brad by clipping off the fasteners from the back with a decent tool. This is not a job for your scissors.
4. Apply a good amount of glue to the top of the flower.
5. Affix your brad on top of the glue and let it dry.