Good day all! Pam here sharing our September sketch! We are combining the card sketch and layout sketch to make one sketch that card girls will be able to use as well! Let's see our sketch!
I created this page with the sketch.
Supply List: Scrumptious: Autumn Haze/ sc14os06, Back to School/ sc14os04, Back to School/ sc14os04, Check Please/ sc14os09, Corn on the Cob/ sc14os12, Home Sweet Home/ sc14os02 , New Harvest/ sc14os10, Nutmeg/ sc14os07, Pumpkin Spice/ sc14os03; Scrumptious Embellishments: Alpha Sticker/ sc14eb02; Die Cut Tags/ sc14eb04, Illustration Stickers/ sc14eb01; Journal Tag/ sc14eb03; Mini Brads/ sc14eb08; Mini Sticker Banner/ sc14eb05; Mini Sticker Embellishments/ sc14eb07; Mini Sticker Tags/ sc14eb06.
On my page you can see I used the horizontal lines, but I also added, in place of some of the tags, a few circular pictures. When creating my page I like the way the circles seemed to hang on the layout! I kept some of the tags as well. One tip is located on the top left tag. I altered one of the tags slightly by hiding part of the word. It normally says, "I love this moment." On my page I hid the "ent" to create " I love this, mom" as if my son was saying it!
Here is a page by our guest designer for the month, Heather Leopard!
Scrumptious Supplies: New Harvest/ sc14os10, Autumn Haze/ sc14os06, Back to School/ sc14os04, Frolic in the Leaves/ sc14os11, Hay Ride/ sc14os05, Die-cut tags/ sc14eb04, enamel stickers - stars/ sc14eb0, mini brads/ sc14eb08, mini sticker tags/ sc14eb06.
- Adhere 8x10 paper to the bottom middle of the page. Stitch to the background cardstock paper.
- Select papers with a very little pattern detail to them. The Autumn Haze paper was the logical choice and then I mixed in other subtle patterns. Cut them the same length but different widths.
- Stitch them to the page.
- Add a border to the top of the page to help bring it all together.
- Pick your favorite frames from the die cut tags pack. Adhere pattern paper to the larger frames. Stitch them to the background so that they are slightly tucked under your photo. Add a 3rd frame to the upper right section of the page.
- Add stitched layers of paper behind your photo so that it stands out from the paper strips. This is especially important if you use busy patterns for your paper strips.
- Add your title and embellish with stickers, brads, enamel stars, additional framed elements, etc
Allie is up next with this layout inspired by the sketch!
"I (Allie) loved all the strips in this sketch and wanted to interpret it quite literally! I had a picture of an adorable Mickey pretzel from Disneyland that I was dying to use with all the cute pretzels in the Scrumptious collection. I'm normally don't stamp often, but I made an exception for the pretzel stamps so I could make a garland for my layout!
Last, but not least, Tyra is sharing a card she created with inspiration from the sketch.
"Hi it's Tyra and I'm back with my take on the September Sketch as a card! Pam created a great sketch with all sorts of tags, banners and tabs! I decided to focus on layers, a few tabs and a sentiment located to the center left, similar to the sketch, to create the following card:
Supply List: Scrumptious - 6 X 6 Collection Pad SC14PD01, Home Sweet Home SC140SO2, Back to School SC140SO4, Die-Cut Tags SC14EBO4, Enamel Stars SC14EB09
Tip: The picture location in a sketch layout works perfectly as a sentiment location for a card!
The colors, blue grid paper (love that!) and the star makes this card perfect for a back-to-school note of encouragement.
Thank so much for stopping by! Hugs, Tyra."
Thanks for stopping by today. Share your project on facebook if you create a project using this sketch!!