Hello again lovelies! I'm back today to share with you my monthly planner makeover. Each month, in my planner, I create a spread for my month at a glance calendar. This is the first page I will turn to every time I open my planner and it's so fun to be greeted by such an explosion of texture and color. It certainly makes the mundane task of scheduling that much more enjoyable.
1. I started by trimming some mixed media paper to the right size for my A5 planner (8.5 x 5.5 inches).
2. I chose my colors and watercolored the background with abandon. There are no rules here, just play and have fun.
3. I chose a floral cut file from my growing collection, resized it in the Silhouette software and then cut it twice from the Chickaniddy "Together is Better" paper.
4. I ran the page through my sewing machine and stitched just the leaves to the background paper.
5. At this point I thought the page needed a little more peachy pink so I grabbed some coral spray and started flicking some color into the corners.
6. Now that the background was complete, the fun of embellishing the page began. I used all the gorgeous Chickaniddy supplies pictured below and really went to town, stamping and layering. You may have seen those flower brads on my last post, I just couldn't stop making them!
Chickaniddy Supplies: TG14EB02 - Twirly Girly Sticker Sheet, DN14EB02 - Date Night Illustration Stickers, DN14EB06-Date Night Brads, TG14EB06 - Twirly Girly Brads,, jg14st01 - Jolly Good Mini Countdown Clear Stamps, jg14st02 - Mini Illustrated Clear Stamps, sc14st01 - Mini Alpha Clear Stamps, jg14eb07 - Mini Sticker Sentiments, TG14EB0 - Twirly Girly Alpha Stickers, DN14EB01 - Date Night Alpha Stickers
7. Because the left side of the spread was so vibrant, I thought I would keep the calendar side uncluttered and ready to work. I used letter stickers from both the Twirly Girly and Date Night collections as well as the countdown stamp set from the Jolly Good collection to complete my calendar.
8. No planner is complete without a bookmark and I decided to make mine for the month from a Date Night journaling card. You can see how I repeatedly stamped with the HAPPY stamp from Jolly Good to create my own patterned background.
And that's exactly how this spread makes me feel every time I open my planner, just plain happy!
I hope your month is happy and productive as well!