Hey there! It's Missy here today. Have you had a chance to create with the beautiful new Yippee collection yet? It's full of fun Spring colors and patterns. I knew right away this photo would be perfect with these papers. The blues and oranges really compliment each other.
Here's how I made this fun layout:
1. I knew I wanted to start with this beautiful wood grain paper as my background. It's called Picnic Party. I chose a few patterned papers and cut them into various sized strips and adhered them to the background. I added some white gesso over them and some modeling paste through a lined stencil. I then came in with some gelatos to give a watercolor effect.
2. After my mixed media was dry, I adhered my photo and layers behind it. I added machine stitching and then chose which embellishments I wanted to add in. I used several of the enamel shapes and even fussy cut some pieces from patterned papers.
Aren't these enamel words and shapes so fun and cute?
3. I added in some tangled thread in various parts of the layout for more interest and texture and some ink splatters.
Here's one more look at some of the fun embellishments and stitching. I just love all of these fun colors together!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!
Hello there Chickaniddy fans! I was lucky enough to represent Chickaniddy at the CHA Mega Show this January, and when I saw the new collections, I was blown away. Both Yipee and 365 are perfect, everyday collections that you can use for a variety of projects, in fantastic colors and patterns, accented with exciting embellishments!
Today I'd like to share a bright & cheerful layout I created using the new Yippee collection.
Supplies: Yippee Collection- Pleasantly Surprised paper (YP15OS06), XOXO paper (YP15OS03), Festivities paper (YP15OS09), Here's The Story paper (YP15OS07), enamel words (YP15EB03), enamel shapes (YP15EB04), brads (YP15EB05), clear stamps (YP15ST01)
With a few pieces of patterned paper, a bit of stamping and hand stitching, this layout was quite simple to pull together. Here's how it all came together:
1) Using the "Pleasantly Surprised" paper as the background, layer a 4"x6" photo, white cardstock, "Festivities" striped paper, and "XOXO" paper and adhere to the bottom left corner of the ledger.
2) Cut the "Happy" strip from the "Hip Hip Hooray" paper and the "Yippee" manufacturer's strip from the "Here's the Story"paper and adhere at the top of the ledger lines, just below the word "title". Cut the banner grouping from the "Here's the Story" card and adhere below the "Happy" strip, using dimensional adhesive at the bottom. Stamp an 'e' from the Yippee clear stamps onto the largest banner and add a punched heart from the "Festivities" paper, as well as an enamel triangle from the Yippee enamel words set.
3) Journal on the green journaling tag from the "Hip Hip Hooray" paper. Cut a small ticket from the "Festivities" paper and staple to the journaling tag. Add enamel triangles and an enamel butterfly to the card & adhere to the bottom left corner of the photo.
4) Cut the "happy" tag from the "Here's the Story" paper. Using a basic backstitch, hand stitch the word "happy" on the tag. Add a white Yippee mini brad to the top and adhere at the bottom right corner of the photo. Stamp two large and one small button from the Yippee clear stamps onto white cardstock and cut out. Punch holes in the larger buttons and thread embroidery thread through the holes, tying in a knot. Adhere around the "happy' tag.
5) Adhere an enamel butterfly on the "happy" tag and two more butterflies flying up toward the top right corner of the layout. Stamp "girl" on the right side of your photo mat and top with the "happy" enamel word. Add three enamel triangles to the title, pointing towards the photo.
Be sure to check with your favorite online or local scrapbook store to find out if they stock Yippee, so that you can have fun creating with this versatile, fun collection!
Hello friends, Pam here with a layout using the beautiful Yippee Collection! There are so many things to love about this collection: the colors, patterns, and embellishments. I created my page with a photo about my parents who celebrated 49 years of marriage this past year.
This is how to create my layout (or feel free to make it your own!):
1. Use the yellow striped paper from the 6"x 6" pad of the Yippee Collection and mat onto the left side of the page on the Yippee 12" by 12" Picnic Party wood grain paper. 2. Print off two 3.75" by 2.75" photos. Mat them on white cardstock and adhere them to the striped paper. 3. Measure how much space the left photo will overlap on the journaling strip. Type in text accordingly on computer software, print, and adhere to the layout. 4. Die cut various different sized butterflies from the 6"x6" collection pad. Layer each butterfly over each other. Put an Enamel Butterfly Shape on top of each butterfly. Use pop dots when adhering finished butterfly to page. 5. Cut out a pre-made sentiment from the Here's the Story paper. Add it the top of the striped yellow paper. Add another to the right side of the layout as well from the Hip Hip Hooray paper. 6. Finish off layout by adding a few Circle Enamel Shapes and the Enamel Word "Love" to the page.
Products: Yippee Collection: Picnic Party - yp15os02, Here's the Story - yp15os07, Hip Hip Hooray - yp15os05, Festivities - yp15os09, 6"x6" pad - yp15pd01, Enamel Words - yp15eb03, Enamel Shapes - yp15eb04.
Hello again, my Chickaniddy friends! I'm back today to share a mini album I made using a handful of pictures from our early spring and the amazing new Yippee Collection! This collection is perfect for documenting your spring and summer with all its soft color palette and nature inspired bits and bobs. I absolutely love this one!
This mini was a snap to put together and at only 6 pages in length it is definitely doable within one sitting. I envision as a perfect little gift for a faraway grandma or auntie. Here is how I assembled it.
1. I cut one 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock into four equal pieces, measuring 4.25x5.5. I used these as the base for each page.
2. I chose the woodgrain as my cover paper and cut two pieces from the 6x6 paper pack down to 4.25x5.5.
3. I chose my diecuts and labels for the cover, layed down the enamel Hello, stamped the title spring and then layered them all on the cover. I used foam tape to adhere the spring label.
4. I machine stitched along the top and bottom of the label cluster.
5. I then added and enamel butterfly and stamped 2 smaller butterflies in the same blue ink as the title.
6. I then adhered the whole piece to one piece of the white card stock.
7. I repeated these steps in much the same way for all of the remaining pages.
8. I picked my base papers and my picture, chose the labels and diecuts to layer, machine stitched, adhered my enamel elements and then added the finished piece to one side of the white cardstock.
9. Once the book was complete, I punched a hole in the appropriate corner and bound it together with a key ring.
I love documenting spring as it's my favorite season, and if you're anything like me, you will definitely want to get your hands on this collection. Thank you so much for reading today! Happy Crafting!
What a blast we had at CHA and I have to say that we enjoyed every minute! Meeting so many new friends and the amazing support in which we received was so heartwarming. From the moment the doors opened on Saturday we were slammed and tried to keep up with it all until Monday. By Tuesday many people went home and it was nice to have a calmer day.
I think the best part was how fast our booth came together. Last year it took forever and this year we had a system and get it all done in 1 1/2 days. When all the decor was in place I finished the look with fresh flowers, mainly because they smell so good and I love the extra pop of color. One funny thing that took place was our catalog for the show could be camouflaged in our darling Meghann's shirt. We all had a good laugh about it.
Over all the show was a BIG hit and you will be seeing all of our new collections in MANY shops and before I go I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Meghann, Abbie, and Autie for working in our booth and being so wonderful. Thank you Mr. Sonboul and Brandon for getting those walls up and down. I also want to thank all of the new friends made at this show and all of you who have blogged about our new collections and booth. My heart is full and just for fun I'll say it one last time.... Happy Birthday Chickaniddy!
To celebrate our 1st year of business we wanted to do something fun and a little silly. So we have come up with a couple of birthday party games that we will be playing throughout CHA. It's simple to do and you could win!
Jan 10th - Take a picture of Mr. Sonboul and hashtag him on Instagram #chickaniddyman and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 11th - Take a picture with our little chickie friend (you can find him in our booth) and post it on Instagram or FB and tag it #HappyBirthdayChickaniddy and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 12th - Blog something you love about the new collections and link it to FB or Instagram #chickaniddy and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 13th - Play At Home - Post a new layout or project you made using Chickaniddy products
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product, a $20 gift card to Scrapbook.com AND a Guest Design Spotlight on our blog - This Prize will be mailed to the winner).
Winners will be picked daily. Make sure to check if you won on my Instagram account because I will be posting a pictures of the winner at the end of each day. You can find me under - http://instagram.com/heidisonboul/
We can't wait to hang out with you and celebrate all the fun! WOOHOO... it's CHA TIME!
HAPPY NEW YEAR Friends! If you ask me, I feel like this year is going to be the BEST year EVER and I'm kinda excited that we are starting the month off right! On Jan 9th- 13th we will be at the 2015 Winter CHA Show in Anaheim Ca and we have some really fun plans. So let's get down to business
Booth - If you haven't heard, we will be in booth 345 and this year we will be celebrating one year of business. It's amazing how fast this year has gone by and we as a company have learned so much. We hope you will stop by to visit us for a chat.
Games and Giveaways - What is a birthday celebration without it's games?! While at CHA we will be playing a couple of fun games and you could win a few awesome prizes! Make sure to come back tomorrow for more details 🙂
New Collections - This week we revealed our newest collections called 365 and Yippee. If you missed them, just click on their names for the direct link. So many of you have left us lovely comments and we are thrilled that everyone loves them. It's going to be exciting to see what you create with them.
Project of the Month - This month I was so impressed by this darling idea. Carson on our Craft Team created a mini album to celebrate the first year of her son's life. What a great way to document your memories in a small portable album. This would make the best gift for a proud grandparent. To view the full post, check out the project on the sidebar or click here.
January Sneak Peeks-
Alrighty. That's it for today. I hope your New Year's Goals are off to an amazing start and that you had the chance to take some pictures while celebrating with your loved ones.
Hello Friends! There is so much to be excited about this December and from Christmas celebrations to getting ready for CHA, we have so much to share today!
CHA - This year at CHA we will be celebrating Chickaniddy's 1st birthday and we hope you will come join in on the fun! If you haven't already heard we will be in booth 345, which is right next to many of our company friends. Make sure to stop by and visit us, because we are doing lots of fun games and prizes!
Sales and Black Friday Deals - Right now over at a lovely site called Blitsy they are doing an amazing sale with our new Jolly Good collection. The sale ends tomorrow night, so hurry and don't miss the great offers they are giving. CHICKANIDDY DEALS
New Collection Reveal Days - In just a couple more weeks we will be revealing our 2 newest collections. They are both everyday collections packed with beautiful colors. Last month we reveals one of the collection names, which was "Yippee" and today I am sharing the name of the 2nd collections...
All throughout the month of December we will be giving sneak peeks of these collections and right after Christmas you will get to see the full reveal.
Giveaways - the winner of our Friday giveaway is Helen Gullett . Please email Pam and we will send out your prize (firstname.lastname@example.org). Congrats! Remember we are doing giveaways every Friday in the month of Dec, so make sure to pop back in to enter!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
With Christmas just around the corner we have decided to celebrate Christmas in November and so that means we have some really fun things planned for this month!
Kit Clubs - Last month there were so many kit clubs that picked up our Scrumptious Collection. From those kits many beautiful projects were created and you can see them pinned HERE on our Pinterest account. For the month of November we made it into the add on kits over at Studio Calico. Two of them are already sold out, but there are still two of them in stock. Pine Hill , Add On Paper Kit , Garland Road , Firchburg Kit
Share Your Work - With so many kits using our product, please do remember to Tag us on Instagram under #Chickaniddy or email us your work at email@example.com and you might be featured on the blog
The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Wrap - This year so many craft blogs are focusing on the 25 days of Christmas Albums, which is so fun! We wanted to do something different and so we are doing the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Wrap. In just a couple of day we are kicking of the party, so don't forget to make your calendars!
Winners of Giveaways - The Scrumptious Tag Giveaway Goes to: Kim Bell. The Winner of our Scrumptious Stamp Giveaway is: Laurie Danielle
NEW COLLECTION COMING SOON - CHA will be here in no time and so we thought we should share a sneak peek of our newest collection. It's called Yippee
Project Sneak Peeks - And to end our Scrappy Scoop for the day, here is a sneak peek of the Craft Team's projects for the month of November.
October's Project Of The Month - For the month of October there was a clear winner. Both of her projects blew me away and it was hard to pick which one. Our craft team member winner of the month is.... Meghann. To review this full post and to see Meghann's tips and tricks to make this darling layout, click HERE and congrats to Meghann!
Have a great month everyone and HAPPY early Thanksgiving!