Hello there, friends! Missy here with you today. I am so excited to share my layout with you today! This month, a few of us got to search for our own inspiration image on Pinterest. I came across this really fun image of squares. I really loved the placement of the squares and the lines going through them. I knew I wanted to create a Valentine layout about my sweet daughter, so I recreated this design in my own style.
Here is what I came up with. When I think of Valentines, I think of red and pink and lots of love. I think it is the perfect celebration of my sweet Paige...our year-round Valentine girl. Both of our birthdays are this month 🙂 I did minimal mixed media work on this...just a tad bit of gesso on either side of the photo cluster with a little bit of watercolors and gelatos.
Supplies Used: Scrumptious - Hay Ride SC140S05, Check Please SC140S09, Autumn Haze SC140S06, New Harvest SC140S10, Home Sweet Home SC140S02, Sticker Sheet SC14EB02; Jolly Good - Deck the Halls JG140S06, Snow Play JG140S09 Happy New Year JG140S12, Christmas Eve JG140S01, Die Cut Tags JG14EB04, Journal Tags JG14EB03, Mini Sticker Banners JG14EB05, Clear Stamps JG14ST02; Twirly Girly - Birthday Girl TG140S02, Grandma's Quilt TG140S10, Sticker Sheet TG14EB02, Enamel Hearts TG14EB08, Mini Sticker Sentiments TG14EB05, Mini Sticker Banners TG14EB03, Alpha Stickers TG14EB01, Brads TG14EB06; Other - Liquitex Gesso, Artist's Loft Watercolors, Faber Castell Gelatos, Brother Sewing Machine, Coats Thread, cardstock, October Afternoon date roller stamp, Ranger Archival Ink, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Silhouette die cut, Silhouette Cameo, Uniball Signo Pen.
Here are a few steps I took in creating this page:
1. I chose one of my all-time favorite papers in all of the Chickaniddy collections...the Hay Ride patterned paper! This denim is amazing, and it makes a fabulous background. I knew all the reds and pinks would pop right off of this.
2. Next, I went through all the collections that contained red and pink elements...Twirly Girly, Scrumptious and Jolly Good. I selected several patterned papers with different shades of red and pink and used various sized square punches to make the shapes.
Here are few of the papers I used:
Grandma's Quilt from Twirly Girly
Autumn Haze from Scrumptious
Happy New Year from Jolly Good
3. Once I had all my squares punched, I arranged them in my own version of the grid. I stitched through them with my sewing machine and added my mixed media.
4. I chose more patterned papers to layer behind my photo and used pop dots to raise it up. I also searched all of the stickers, die cuts, brads and enamel dots to add in here and there.
5. Lastly, I added my title and some tangled thread. I used some of the Twirly Girly alpha stickers combined with a word cut on my Cameo.
You should definitely do a Pinterest search for design ideas. I would've probably never gotten the idea for this layout without seeing that inspiration photo first! And check all of your Chickaniddy stash for reds and pinks to create something LOVEly!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!