Now, white space is something I've always been a huge fan of -- it allows the eye to rest
and draws more attention to the elements on your project.To make my card, I used some Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious products.
Hey friends! Today is spotlight day and we are excited to feature Stacy D. I found her on instagram and fell in love with her style and use of patterns. Each layout is very unique from another and I can't wait for you to see them! She used the Scrumptious Collection for her three pages. Let's get to know Stacy.
It's that time again... in the spotlight! Today, we are featuring a scrapbooker from Germany, Katja, who has created some beautiful layouts. How was she spotted? Katja posted her awesome layouts on Instagram and tagged us with #chickaniddy . I loved how her layouts look so fresh and fun! Let's learn more about Katja and her pretty pages!
Hi creative scrapper, I'm Katja, 41 years old and I live with my husband, my teenage-
daughter and our dog in germany. In 2009 I fell in love with scrapbooking. I love our hobby, because we can get memories for eternity with trifles. I'm a design team member of a german scrapbook shop called Scrapbook Werkstatt and its a great experience.
My Blog www.scrap-ansichten.blogspot.com
"first let me take a selfie"
"I love the colors of the paper and it fits perfectly to the photo, taken by my daughter and her cousin. They like to take selfies like a teenager does, so I cut banners and stick it on one side of the Cardstock. The cutfile is of my design team member Jana and I love her selfmade cutfiles!"
"endlich (at last)"
"I love love love gingerbread. In germany, there are gingerbread only buy from September to December, so I was with the first person, who bought it 🙂 ...and I also have made a layout about my gingerbread- love with the title "endlich“ - it means "at last“ I used this paper: Scrumptious - Nutmeg."
Thanks for letting us feature you on the blog, Katja! We loved having you today!
Hello there, friends! Missy here with you today. I just love February! I love creating layouts about the people I love. It's so easy to scrap about love because......well, it's what you LOVE! How many times can I say love?! Haha! I put together this design using a mix of Chickaniddy collections.
Before I get to the products and the details of which ones I used, I wanted to share how I added color to my background. It's definitely easier to add color when you start with white cardstock. I wanted to begin this layout with this gorgeous patterned paper. To make my colors stay true to their tones, I used white gesso first. I literally just dabbed my finger into the bottle and smudged it on where I knew I wanted to add paint. It acts as a primer and helps your paint not seep through the paper. Once it dries, it's easy to add watercolors or gelatos, which is what I used to create this background.
Supplies Used: Date Night - Backwoods Lovin' DN140S10, Alpha Stickers DN14EB01, Mini Sticker Tags DN14EB04, Cutest Couple DN140S05; Scrumptious - Check Please SC140S09, Frolic in the Leaves SC140S11, Autumn Haze SC140S06, Corn on the Cob SC140S12, Home Sweet Home SC140S02, Fall Bouquet SC140S01; Twirly Girly - Brads TG14EB06, Enamel Hearts TG14EB07, Mini Sticker Tags TG14EB04, Sticker Sheet TG14EB02, Grandma's Quilt TG140S10; Jolly Good - Mini Brads JG14EB08; Other - The Cut Shoppe Pie Hearts & So in Love cut files, Shimmerz Colorings, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, American Crafts Date Stamp, StazOn ink, Liquitex Gesso, Artist's Loft Watercolors, Faber Castell Gelatos, Brother Sewing Machine; Coats Thread, Sharpie pen, pop dots.
Here's how I went about creating this page:
1. I began with selecting my background paper. Isn't this piece beautiful? It's from the Date Night collection, one of Chickaniddy's very first lines! I think the bright colors really pop off of that neutral wood color.
2. I decided to add several layers behind my photo and use a die cut. My husband and I usually define "romance" as being goofy, telling jokes, poking fun at each other and just acting silly, so I wanted this layout to reflect our personalities. The Scrumptious collection is FULL of my favorite bright colors. I used several sheets from the collection to back the holes in a heart die cut (from The Cut Shoppe). That is a really fun and easy way to add lots of color and pattern to your page...back a die cut!
3. Once I decided on the colors I wanted, I just cut and tore several of them and messily layered them behind my photo and on top of the watercolor. The title and sticker accents came later.
4. After cutting and adhering all the pieces to the back of my die cut, I ran it through my sewing machine for added detail and then added pop dots.
5. Lastly, I cut my title (also from The Cut Shoppe) and traced around it with a few pens. I went back through the Date Night collection and added a few embellishments and some enamel hearts from the Twirly Girly line.
I had a blast making this, and I really love mixing up the collections. You'd be surprised how you can get any type of subject scrapped with all of these lines put together! I hope this inspires you to create a romantic layout 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!
Happy February and time to put another scrapper in the spotlight. Today we are sharing Anna Kossakovskaya and her beautiful layouts! Some of her ideas are so super creative, I want to try them!! She uses the Scrumptious collection for her two pages and let's find out more about Anna!
Good day all! We are excited to have a bunch of people to put in the spotlight in the next month or so! Today, we are featuring Jana Mccarty and her three creative projects. As you will see, her style works really well with Chickaniddy products!! Check out how she used the Scrumptious cat cutouts on her second page, so cute.
Here is more about Jana and then her projects!
"Hi, my name is Jana (34yrs old - germany). i'm a mom of 3 and i love coffee, scrapbooking and my crazy life! http://scissorsglueandpaper.wordpress.com
Thanks for sharing your projects with us!
Hello and Happy New Year! Tessa Buys here. I'm excited about 2015. In fact, I was so excited about all of the great things happening this year that I decided to write a letter to 2015. Inspired by this pin...
...I created this layout:
1. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the numbers.
2. I traced the left side of each number onto a piece of white cardstock and trimmed it out.
3. Next, I backed each piece with patterned paper so that the pattern was visible to the left of the number.
4. I then attached the numbers to the blocks with foam adhesive.
5. Last, I journaled to the right of each number and added layers of patterned paper to each block.
While I love the modern look of the original art, I had fun making my whimsical version. The florals and beautiful colors of the Scrumptious line were a perfect match to my positive outlook for the new year. Have you documented your hopes and dreams for 2015? Cut out some big numbers and get out your Chickaniddy Crafts stash - your layout is waiting! Thanks for visiting today.
Hey all, Pam with ya today. So I guess you might know what today is, but there is also another event which is taking place today as well... let me give you a hint with my card...
You guessed it!! It's Heidi's birthday today! So help me to wish Heidi the BEST, HAPPIEST birthday today!!!
Heidi, in honor of your birthday today, the craft team has made some cards for you.... some with fall themed cards just like the season you were born in and some cheerful, and happy just like your personality!! We all hope that you have a wonderful day!
Missy created this awesome spider web! This reminds me of trick or treating as it is so fun! The girl, with the leaves, cut out works perfectly!
Carson created this patch themed card for you! Don't you love the way she used the pumpkins! The colors look fabulous together.
Amy made this birthday card reminding us that your birthday is on the 31st. I love including dates in birthday cards!
The next card was made by Erin and reminds me of jeans on a crisp, fall day. Great idea for an autumn time birthday! And love the enamel heart addition to this card!
Leigh's card is great for celebrating and sharing the beauty of autumn and combining that with a birthday!
Tessa's card is so fun!!! It has such a fun pattern on it and has something else on it... Heidi's age. Heidi is still a super young person to me. Oh to be 33 again!
Allie shares this Fall birthday card which features this really cool pattern. I adore this so much!
The next card was created by Cassandra. What I love about this is the colors she chose, Green, light blue and yellow. So festive for a birthday card!
Meghann created this next breathtaking card. It features a gorgeous cake and candles and still has the feel of fall! Love this.
Our next card is by Melinda. What I absolutely love about this is the "H" for Heidi and for the word happy! What a COOL idea!
For our last card, Tyra knocked it out of the park with this amazing birthday card. The colors are so eye catching!
-Love the Chickaniddy Craft Team
I started with a piece of Hay Ride patterned paper, which I used to mat my layouts:
I trimmed some white card stock to 11.5"x11.5" and created my layouts on that, before adhering them to both sides of the Hay Ride patterned paper. Here's my first layout, which I matted on the denim side:
Thanks for looking!
Hi there! It's Meghann here with you today to share a new layout using the Scrumptious collection, and to talk to you about Halloween photos.
Supplies used: Scrumptious collection- Home Sweet Home Paper/sc140S02, Fall Bouquet Paper/sc140S01, Frolic In The Leaves Paper/sc140S11, Journal Tag Stickers/sc14eb03, Alpha Stickers/sc14eb02, Banner Stickers/sc14eb05, Die-Cut Tags/sc14eb04
1. Using a feather stencil and white modeling paste, add three feathers to a 12"x12" piece of white cardstock.
2. Cut four photos out in a chicken-wire shape by hand or using the cookie-cutter tool in Photoshop. Arrange on the page with pieces of patterned paper cut to the same shape. Using a sewing machine and white thread, sew in between the pieces like chicken-wire. Adhere a strip of patterned paper to the left side of the layout.
3. Create a photo mat behind your main 4"x6" photo using two pieces of patterned paper. Adhere to the upper right corner of the page with dimensional adhesive. Add your title and journaling below.
4. Cut flowers from the Fall Bouquet paper and layer on circular journaling tag stickers with dimensional adhesive as embellishment.
Before this year, I never took a photo on Halloween that was worth putting on a layout. I always attempted photos on Halloween night, with a harsh flash, producing less than stellar results.
This year I have plenty to scrapbook. What did I do differently? I took photos of my daughter beforehand, in natural light. On Halloween night, kids just want to trick-or-treat, not pose for photos, so why not have a dress rehearsal of sorts and get some great shots? I put my daughter in the chicken costume that I made for her and we went to the park for a photo shoot. All of the photos were taken in less than 20 minutes, she had a great time and I now have great photos. It also means that on Halloween night I can just enjoy walking around with her and be in the moment, not behind the lens.
This year, try to branch out from the standard costume pose and try these photo prompts for some interesting shots.
Picking out or making the Halloween costume.
Putting the costume on: Getting ready can be fun for kids, so remember to capture that excitement!
A shot from behind: Get a view of the back of the costume too. If your child is still young enough to hold hands, this can be a great shot for capturing a relationship as well.
Checking out the candy stash: Is there anything more exciting to a kid than the candy?
Knocking on a door, even if it's your own.
Get in the photo! How often are you on the other side of the lens?
Have a great Halloween!
Hello and welcome... It's Melinda back with you today and I am continuing the journey of October's theme which is all about being thankful. And yes, I am truly thankful for having these two cowboys in my life but I'm also thankful for the 'flip-side' of patterned papers!
At first glance you would think the Scrumptious collection to be quite feminine but lurking in the background are gorgeous colours and patterns that are perfect for the boys!
Here are the products I used for my layout:
Supply List: Scrumptious - Back to School (SC14OS04), Check Please (SC14OS09), Fall Bouquet (SC14OS01), Hay Ride (SC14OS05), Home Sweet Home (SC14OS02), New Harvest (SC14OS10), Nutmeg (SC14OS07). Alpha Stickers (SC14EB02), Die Cut Tags (SC14EB04), Enamel Stickers - Stars (SC14EB09), Journal Tags (SC14EB03), Mini Brads (SC14EB08).
1. I chose a selection of four different papers and cut 1.5" x 1" rectangles to create my patchwork pattern which I adhered on a diagonal for something a little different.
2. I trimmed a strip of the denim paper to act as a border across the top of the patchwork and added some stitching, a belt keeper and a few brads to resemble the top of denim jeans.
3. I have never shied away from adding flowers to a boys layout however I didn't want to go too overboard on this one seeing as it was about my two cowboys. I kept the flowers to an absolute minimum and used punched leaves, brads and stars to fill in the gaps.
4. My son's shirt had small stripes of mustard yellow which opened up the opportunity to add a bright contrasting colour to the earthy colours in the heading and the smaller leaves. Lastly I added a few splatters of blue ink to soften the edges of the layout.
Thank you for stopping by today and hopefully I've given you some inspiration to flip those papers over and see what new ideas can come from the outside of the box.