Hey there! It's Missy here with you today. I'm so excited to share a layout I created using the new 365 collection. The bold colors mixed with black are just beautiful. I knew I wanted to start with the beautiful blue background, which is the Cloud 9 paper. The ombre look on it is just so pretty and was perfect for adding watercolors and inks.
Here's how I created this layout:
1. I covered most of the background with clear gesso so I could add watercolor without ruining the blue paper. Once it dried, I added pink, yellow and blue watercolor along with some gelatos to create a messy painted look. I also painted in some of the open designs of the stamps.
2. The Clear Stamps in this collection are so much fun and very versatile. I created stamped clusters on the background and used gelatos to color in part of the shapes.
3. After adding different papers as layers behind my photo, I embellished with enamel shapes and my title. I added in my journaling after that.
Here's a final look at the top portion. Lots of fun layers, tangled thread and awesome dimension.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!
Hello again my Chickaniddy friends! I'm back today with another card made using the stunning 365 collection. I love love love this collection and if you are into bold patterns, super vibrant colors and lots of contrast, then you will too.
Here is how I put this stunner together.
1. I cut the black and white polka dot paper to A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 in) 2, I cut the floral paper to a smaller size, which I eyeballed 3. I machine stitched the two papers together along the edge of the top piece using stitch #9 4. I chose the yellow label and created my title using the enamel letters from the months sheet 5. I stamped the star in black ink.
6. I then chose the pink label and repeatedly stamped the xo in black along its length 7. I cut out the tab sentiment and layered it with the other two labels which were all offset on the card. I then trimmed the pieces that were hanging off the edge of the card. 8. I diecut two sizes of butterfly from the black and white and yellow horse paper and layered them. 9. I stitched down the middle and reversed to get the antennae look and adhered the bottom butterfly with foam tape. 10. I then adhered the whole thing to a card base.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy crafting!
Hello there! It's Meghann with you today and I'm excited to share a layout featuring the new Chickaniddy 365 collection!
Supplies: 365 Collection- High Spirits paper (36515os09), A Little Bit of Love paper (36515os08), Cloud 9 paper (36515os06), Daily Schedule paper (36515os04), Smell the Roses paper (36515os02), enamel words (36515eb03), enamel shapes (36515eb04), brads (36515eb05), clear stamps (36515st01). Specialty Paper- Goldie Lox foil paper (CN14SP001).
This beautiful, bright and bold collection is perfect for documenting your everyday memories. With geometric patterns, playful florals and neutral texts, there's something for everyone here!
This layout came together quite easily. Here's how I created it:
1) Using the "Cloud 9" paper as the background, adhere a diamond cut 4"x4" photo on a white cardstock mat with the "A Little Bit of Love" paper behind in the center of the paper.
2) Layer three triangles of the "A Little Bit of Love" (black side), "Goldie Lox" gold foil paper and "High Spirits" paper and adhere to the corners on the right side of the layout.
3) Cut a piece of the "High Spirits" paper 4 rows wide by 12". Randomly cut out triangles with a craft knife and back with small pieces of the "Goldie Lox" foil paper. Layer a piece of the black stripe from the "Daydream" paper underneath the right side and adhere both pieces to the left side of the layout.
4) Using a craft knife or small scissors, cut out two bunches of flowers from the "Smell the Roses" paper and adhere along the black stripe on the left side, framing the photo mat.
5) Cut the "today" tag from the "Daily Schedule" paper and stamp "you are my favorite thing" using the 365 clear stamps in the blank square. Cut "Life Is Pretty Awesome" from the manufacturer's strip on the "Smell the Roses"paper and attach a mini brad. Adhere to the "today" tag using dimensional adhesive. Stamp the date to the right side.
6) Die cut the word "precious" in black paper and adhere to the pink journaling tag from "Daily Schedule." Adhere the "today" tag to the bottom right corner of the layout and adhere the title tag below. Journal on the "Friday" journaling card fro the "Daily Schedule" paper and adhere below the title tag, covering up "Friday."
7) Adhere the "shine" tag from the "Daily Schedule" paper using dimensional adhesive and stick the enamel month words to the left of the card. Stamp the heart in black from the 365 clear stamps below the date.
Check out the entire 365 collection at the Chickaniddy website and be sure to ask your favorite retailer to stock it today! I hope you enjoy creating with it as much as I did!
Hello lovely readers! I was very lucky to be able to play with the 365 collection this month and I made quite a few cards with it. This card is a bit of a die cut explosion, but I just loved all the bold colors and graphics in the collection that I tried to get as many as I could on this little beauty. Besides all the wonderful papers, my favorite element of the collection turned out to be the stamp set. It has some great sayings and graphics, just look at that sketchy circle!
Here is how I put this card together using the new 365 collection.
1. I cut the background paper to A2 size (4.25 x 5.5)
2. I then drew a faint pencil line along the horizontal axis of the paper as a guide for my stitch line.
3. I then stitched along the line for texture and as a guide for my arrows.
4. I punched the Hello Circle from a piece of the 6x6 patterned paper and pop it up with foam tape.
5. I then started to layer the elements around the page.
6. In black ink I stamped the arrows from the stamp set and layered the enamel triangles on top.
7. Also in black ink, I stamped the sketchy circle onto white cardstock and cut around the shape.
8. I then used a neon pigment ink to stamp the heart in the center and then layered it with a stamped in black xo.
9. When all the elements were adhered in place I filled in some space with the other two stamped sentiments.
10. I finished the card by adding some machine stitching to the top and bottom of the design.
11. I then adhered the paper to the card base.
I hope this card inspires you to get bright and graphic with your next project, and to pick up this collection. I'm planning to use all these amazing papers and elements in my planner for the remainder of the year. There are just so many possibilities!
Hello, It’s Tyra and I’m here to celebrate the 365 collection! Two words to describe 365 are bold and bright, making this collection perfect for simple home decor items. Here I created a small art piece and a container, perfect for my home office!
1. Select wood block or cardboard storage container.
2. Apply a base coat to your surface using white gesso or acrylic paint.
2. Measure dimensions of your object and cut card stock to match.
3. Use your favorite matte waterless sealer, glue & finisher to apply card stock. Allow to dry. Add a second coat if necessary.
4. Use coordinating washi tape to cover up seams.
5. Add embellishments.
6. Display in your office!
I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful today! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog!
What a blast we had at CHA and I have to say that we enjoyed every minute! Meeting so many new friends and the amazing support in which we received was so heartwarming. From the moment the doors opened on Saturday we were slammed and tried to keep up with it all until Monday. By Tuesday many people went home and it was nice to have a calmer day.
I think the best part was how fast our booth came together. Last year it took forever and this year we had a system and get it all done in 1 1/2 days. When all the decor was in place I finished the look with fresh flowers, mainly because they smell so good and I love the extra pop of color. One funny thing that took place was our catalog for the show could be camouflaged in our darling Meghann's shirt. We all had a good laugh about it.
Over all the show was a BIG hit and you will be seeing all of our new collections in MANY shops and before I go I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Meghann, Abbie, and Autie for working in our booth and being so wonderful. Thank you Mr. Sonboul and Brandon for getting those walls up and down. I also want to thank all of the new friends made at this show and all of you who have blogged about our new collections and booth. My heart is full and just for fun I'll say it one last time.... Happy Birthday Chickaniddy!
To celebrate our 1st year of business we wanted to do something fun and a little silly. So we have come up with a couple of birthday party games that we will be playing throughout CHA. It's simple to do and you could win!
Jan 10th - Take a picture of Mr. Sonboul and hashtag him on Instagram #chickaniddyman and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 11th - Take a picture with our little chickie friend (you can find him in our booth) and post it on Instagram or FB and tag it #HappyBirthdayChickaniddy and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 12th - Blog something you love about the new collections and link it to FB or Instagram #chickaniddy and #CHA2015
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product)
Jan 13th - Play At Home - Post a new layout or project you made using Chickaniddy products
(PRIZE - A $100 prize pack of Chickaniddy Product, a $20 gift card to Scrapbook.com AND a Guest Design Spotlight on our blog - This Prize will be mailed to the winner).
Winners will be picked daily. Make sure to check if you won on my Instagram account because I will be posting a pictures of the winner at the end of each day. You can find me under - http://instagram.com/heidisonboul/
We can't wait to hang out with you and celebrate all the fun! WOOHOO... it's CHA TIME!
HAPPY NEW YEAR Friends! If you ask me, I feel like this year is going to be the BEST year EVER and I'm kinda excited that we are starting the month off right! On Jan 9th- 13th we will be at the 2015 Winter CHA Show in Anaheim Ca and we have some really fun plans. So let's get down to business
Booth - If you haven't heard, we will be in booth 345 and this year we will be celebrating one year of business. It's amazing how fast this year has gone by and we as a company have learned so much. We hope you will stop by to visit us for a chat.
Games and Giveaways - What is a birthday celebration without it's games?! While at CHA we will be playing a couple of fun games and you could win a few awesome prizes! Make sure to come back tomorrow for more details 🙂
New Collections - This week we revealed our newest collections called 365 and Yippee. If you missed them, just click on their names for the direct link. So many of you have left us lovely comments and we are thrilled that everyone loves them. It's going to be exciting to see what you create with them.
Project of the Month - This month I was so impressed by this darling idea. Carson on our Craft Team created a mini album to celebrate the first year of her son's life. What a great way to document your memories in a small portable album. This would make the best gift for a proud grandparent. To view the full post, check out the project on the sidebar or click here.
January Sneak Peeks-
Alrighty. That's it for today. I hope your New Year's Goals are off to an amazing start and that you had the chance to take some pictures while celebrating with your loved ones.
Hello Friends! There is so much to be excited about this December and from Christmas celebrations to getting ready for CHA, we have so much to share today!
CHA - This year at CHA we will be celebrating Chickaniddy's 1st birthday and we hope you will come join in on the fun! If you haven't already heard we will be in booth 345, which is right next to many of our company friends. Make sure to stop by and visit us, because we are doing lots of fun games and prizes!
Sales and Black Friday Deals - Right now over at a lovely site called Blitsy they are doing an amazing sale with our new Jolly Good collection. The sale ends tomorrow night, so hurry and don't miss the great offers they are giving. CHICKANIDDY DEALS
New Collection Reveal Days - In just a couple more weeks we will be revealing our 2 newest collections. They are both everyday collections packed with beautiful colors. Last month we reveals one of the collection names, which was "Yippee" and today I am sharing the name of the 2nd collections...
All throughout the month of December we will be giving sneak peeks of these collections and right after Christmas you will get to see the full reveal.
Giveaways - the winner of our Friday giveaway is Helen Gullett . Please email Pam and we will send out your prize (email@example.com). Congrats! Remember we are doing giveaways every Friday in the month of Dec, so make sure to pop back in to enter!
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!